Thursday, December 22, 2022

Merry Questmas to the Grumps

I was ready for bed last night before I remembered that the garbage bins had to go out for pickup. I had to get dressed again and head out into the cold. Wouldn't it be nice if a thought aimed at the north pole would bring Santa's elves to do the job so I could just snuggle in and go to sleep.

It doesn't work that way. Correction. It doesn't always work that way. Sometimes there are tasks that get done before we ask, and people cheerfully lend a hand when they can. There are neighbours who shovel our snow because they know my back is weak, and friends who taxi us around because I can't see well enough to drive. The best part of the self is an inner elf who enjoys helping. Christmas is about rousing that elf so even grumps like Scrooge and the Grinch get to join in the fun.

Merry Christmas to those who need help.
Joy to the elves who do the helping.
Merry Questmas to the grumps.


No comments:

Post a Comment